Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My first blog.....ever!

So today I sat down to journal, which I only do very sporatically, but would like to be more intentional about it. I thought it would be interesting to flip through and read some old stuff and it certainly was. I came across some notes that I took while listening to Ravi Zacharius speak July-07. The title of the two messages were "Your dissappointments matter" and "Your calling matters" ( I'll get back to my notes on his sermon in a minute)
Sometimes at the hard moments in life I look at myself, 26, 3 kids, stay-at-home mommy and wonder 'how on earth did I end up here?' This is not what I would have chosen for myself. I had different plans for my life, but God called me to this and I obeyed. I didn't end up here because of bad choices, or accidents. I knew that God had a different path for me to follow than what I thought I wanted. So the question I think to myself is 'why is this so hard?' Why is that I sometimes I think that I could be doing something, better more glamorous? Why do I sometimes feel dissappointed with my life. Before I go on, I want to clarify that I love being a mom. I would never change my life for a second and I would never sacrifice the time I have with them to do anything else, But it's hard. Anyone one of you with little ones know, EVERY DAY is hard.
So while flipping through my journal one of the things I noted that Ravi said was
"My God, My God why has thou forsaken me?" 'At the very moment he spoke those words he was at the very center of his Father's will'
Wow! Now I by no means feel forsaken by God. But it struck me hard. Just because I am doing what God called me to do doesn't mean that it's going to be easy. In fact, because it is my calling, I HAVE to be more intentional. I can't just mosey through my days, just "trying" my way through. This is exactly where my Father wants me to be. He knows me better than me, He know my failures, my successes, my hurts. If I am just going through the motions, waiting for it to get easier am I really fulfilling the calling that God has placed on my life.
Sorry, I know this was kind of dis-jointed, but I'll get better, I promise!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first post! Welcome to blogging...I've struggled with it, on/off. I've added you to blogs I follow...here's mine: http://roadtovalinor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I had lunch this week from the soon to be hospital director at Galmi, he's been following my blog, and told me that it's a sign of mental health . . . not sure what kind of mental health . . . :)

    I enjoyed your first post, looking forward to more! And we need to Skype soon! Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet friend, I love that Ravi Z quote. I've been pondering it since I read it. The truth is that the enemy comes most strongly against us when we ARE doing what God wants. Wow. Even Jesus felt that. Its encouraging to know that even Jesus has had the same experience of spiritual attack. But even though He was attacked, He still obeyed - and was rewarded. You are such an amazing mommy, wife & friend - I'm so thankful that you are being obedient to the life God has called you to. It is certainly blessing me and my family. I love you and I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for the blog! thanks for your honesty. it is pretty cool to think about how Jesus struggled as he was fulfilling the will of the the Father. what a powerful thought....thanks for sharing. love ya :)

    ReplyDelete