Friday, February 26, 2010

Twilight Zone

So this morning I woke up at 9:00 am, all by myself. No little people around. I thought to myself, did Mike stay home from work and have the kids sequestered. Then I thought maybe it's Saturday. But then, even on a Saturday, Judah still comes in @ 6:30 and Mike and I draw straws to see who has to get up. So I got out of bed and went out to the hall. The door to Brooklyn and Judahs room was closed. There weren't even any sounds coming from downstairs. The only sound I heard was the soft voice of Joel coming from behind his door, sitting in his crib, talking quietly to himself. I went into Joels room, got the little man up, and he and I spent some alone time downstairs. I never get alone time with Joel! I even got him to take a couple steps. (It's a big deal...the little man will not walk!) We got about 20 min together before I heard Judah's voice at the top of the stairs. Judah was just as suprised as I was that I was out of bed before he was. Judah gets up VERY early, EVERY morning, no matter how late he stays up or how many naps he has missed. And he usually wakes Brooklyn up because he wants someone to play with and Momma doesn't play nice at 6:30.
WOW! What a treat! Mike said he didn't but I'm still wondering if he slipped Judah a sedative before leaving for work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment