Thursday, November 5, 2009

Little Boys, Little Boys


Before I actually had children, I always thought I wanted a house full of boys. Now in my imagination these boys were big, football playing, teenage boys who loved their mamma and came to me to talk about girls, friends, and life. Somehow, I never thought about 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 year old boys who love nothing more than mischief, breaking things, antagonizing, shouting and hitting things and jumping off furniture. My biggest boy is not even 3 yet, but I'm a smart enough gal to know that it's going to get worse before it gets any better. Judah is adorable. Adorable enough that he could hit you in the face and then smile at you, and you can't help to laugh. (I make an extra effort to make sure he knows that he can't just chram his way through life-because most people will let him get away with almost anything...Elaina) And Sweet-oh man is he sweet. His hugs turn me to mush! But he is also a wild animal! The boy never stops moving unless he is sleeping. He won't even sit still to watch a movie-he'll watch for about 8 min-that's the magic number. Then he is rolling around, poking his sister, throwing things at the tv or asking me 300 of the 6000 questions he asks me every day. He is also very generous. He ALWAYS wants to share. When we were potty training he would get 3 little M&M's for pottying, and every time he would want to give one to Brooklyn. Even when she was at school and I would say to him "sweet heart, Brooklyn's at school. Why don't you just eat it?" He would have me set it up on the counter for her.

Today he filled the toilet up with toilet paper and consequently flooded the bathroom (not the first time he's done this) After his spanking, (he knows that he is not allowed to touch the t.p. bacause, again, he was a repeat offender) I asked him if his bum was sore and he said yes. I said "Judah, do you think that your sore bum will help you remember to not play with the toilet paper?" Judah (very matter of factly)-"No." So I said "Well then I might need to give you another spanking so you will remembr. He replied, wailing "It remembers me! It remembers me!"



I know that the days of 'little boy crazy' won't last forever and I pray and strive every day to build that relationship so that one day when I do have big, football playing teenage boys, that they will want to come to me and talk about girls, and school and cars.



And for those of you who remember Brooklyn as a 2 year old......I am exceedingly grateful that Judah's adventures are not of a fecal nature ;)












3 comments:

  1. What if he wants to talk to you about dungeons & dragons, violin lessons and football players?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then I'll have to teach him how to be cool. :)

    ReplyDelete