Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Cost of Conviction

Well today I can tell you exactly what the cost of conviction is. It is $5.99 for a package of free range organic roasted chicken breast lunch meat!!! My kids are not PB&J sandwich kids. They eat turkey/chicken sandwiches almost every day. That was one of the things that I had never thought of when deciding that I would only by organic, free range meat. But as I kept telling myself at the grocery store while wrestling with the cost of organic lunch meat...."Either I believe that this is right or I don't." And I do believe that this is the right thing to do. It still hurts a little though.
It did inspire another conversation with Brooklyn about doing the "right" thing even though it's hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Princess M. I'm enjoying your blog. Just wanted to commend you on your decision to have compassion for the fury ones, and the conviction to do something proactive about it. I also recently saw Food Inc, and I found it very difficult to watch; the treatment of the animals brought me to tears. In addition, I found the politics of food incredibly disturbing, especially the whole Monsanto soybean thing. As much as I love tofu, I've quit it due to the almost exclusive GMO nature etc. I've even started dialogue with the butcher at Whole Foods and Choices, so that I can make even better decisions about the meat I choose to sepnd my money on. My choice to eat organic mostly started as a way to enhance my own health, but it is for reasons bigger than I, that I will continue. Much love. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, friend! You will find the deals now that you know what to look for. I'm proud of you! =)

    ReplyDelete