Thursday, January 7, 2010

Art!

We have had a naked wall over our fireplace mantle for 3 years, except at Christmas time when I hang a wreath. I just couldn't find the right piece of art to hang there. ( not like I am some sort of art connoisseur, but I like what I like) I could have just given up and hung a big family picture, or something that I didn't LOVE, but I held out. And there it was.....Perfect! I found a piece of art for over my mantle that I love. Now I don't know if it can really be called art, because I bought it at Target, but I LOVE it nonetheless. And every time I walk into the room and see it sitting on the mantle (it isn't hung yet, just resting there) I feel happy and satisfied!

What you may not be able to tell from the picture is that, the tree is just wood grain. I know I'm lame. I am quite certain that any of you who really know anything about art are laughing at me, but I waited 3 years for it!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your art. Art is art. Its annoying when people get all snobby about it. I like your tree ART.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally, the word I had to type to post my comment was "tathorni." Somehow this seems really awesome to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to be really artsy, don't hang it, just leaving up there like you have it.

    ReplyDelete