Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Project #1

Yesterday, I took it upon myself to tackle the office. It was supposed to be Mike's space and I was to have no say, his stuff, his space. However, it was a big, giant junk pile. Last spring, I said "Listen babe, that office is totally unusable space. You're not using it, so I will give you until August to clean it up and use it or it's mine!" (I don't usually lay down the law with my husband, but this was something I felt pretty strong about)



It has literally been a death trap! So yesterday I felt inspired and dove right in!
BEFORE:




Last night, I felt very accomplished as I turned the light off and headed to bed. Not quite done, but well on it's way.


Last night at closing time ;)

That big black garbage bag was the 3rd load of grabage!

The trade off however is the giant pile of stuff in my living room, waiting to be organized and put in happy containers and boxes back into the office. I am heading to Target after Brooklyn's ballet class to buy organzing supplies.

I still hate the color on the walls ( I would have painted it chocolate brown) and the monstrosity of a desk that Mike built when it was still his office ;) However the aesthetics of it will have to wait for another time. Functionality is my goal. And, the walls in my living room/dining room/ entry/stairs are unpainted except for the random splotches where I have tested colors. That will be my next big project........
I'll post pictures of the finished office once I get everything put back in :)

2 comments:

  1. good job! stuff like that feels SOOO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, girl friend. I am looking forward to seeing it. What a productive way to start out the year!!

    ReplyDelete