Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Insanity: day 2

So I didn't exactly get the stellar jump start on Insanity as I had planned, last week. Wednesday was my fit test. Wednesday was also the day that Mike, as he was heading out the door to CA, decided that it would be a great idea for me to try and wrangle up babysitters for the whole weekend, fly out to CA and the spend the weekend with him and the Fergusons. I agreed that it was a FABULOUS idea! So Thursday I spent all day, and long hours into the wee morning getting ready to leave all the kiddos in the capable and loving hands of 3 Awesome ladies (shout out to Tatiana, Elaina and Rachel), packing and cleaning my house. It's no small feat, as anyone with kids can testify! Friday morning, I left for CA and spent just a few short days with Aaron and April, my precious neices and Mike. It wasn't great for "Insanity" but it was great for my soul. (Aprils too, being 37 weeks pregnant sucks) All that to say.... Day 2 of Insanity was Monday!! It was the cardio circuit. Cardio Circuit is intense bursts of extreme cardio followed by a short period of rest, repeat and repeat and repeat. On a couple instances I felt as if my lungs themselves were on fire but that was secondary to the muscle failure. I've actually never felt such an extreme degree of muscle failure in my arms before. Shaun T had us doing these crazy push-ups, followed my a plank with running feet thing, jump up, back down to push ups cycle. Then directly into this plank, jump feet up to the side, back to plank, jump feet to the other side...repeat, repeat...... My arms gave me a giant "SCREW YOU! We're not doing this any more!!" and I would colapse. I always got back up, even if just for a moment. But that was the worst part of it for me, probably because I have spaghetti arms, but that will all change soon! I'll have to say, the inspiring music as you're in the home stretch works. It's as if you're in your gold medal moment and chariots of fire is playing while you cross the finish line in slow motion.....For realsy! Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. jealous of your cali trip. can't believe april is 37 weeks! craziness!

    ReplyDelete